One of the most beautiful staples of the homes of the past was a big and warm wood stove. It was the centerpiece of social areas in homes and created lovely environments for any occasion. Having said that, even though they are not as common in homes as in the past, they are making a comeback in today’s homes.
The wood stoves of today are a bit different in terms of their design when compared to the wood stoves of the past. However, they are still providing the same warm and inviting scenes for people today. In addition, wood stoves bring with them plenty more benefits for everyone to enjoy. So, here are some more assets of having the best wood stove in your home.
Our Picks for Top Wood Stove Options
Benefits of a Wood Stove
In reality, if we were to sit and list all of the benefits that come with a wood stove, we would be here for a very long time. Having said that, here are just a few of the reasons why installing a wood stove is a great choice.
- Easy Installation – For one, a top rated wood stove is sure to be much easier to install than in previous decades. No matter where you look, almost all wood stove reviews will mention how tremendously easy they are to put in place. So, if you are worried about where to put a wood stove, no need to worry any longer because of how straightforward it is when it comes to installing a wood stove.
- Heat – Another benefit of a good wood stove is more of an obvious one. That is the exceptional heat it provides for your home.
- Environmentally Friendly – Unlike the previous benefit that a good wood stove provides, one not so known benefit of a wood stove is how good it is to the environment. When you look at more common fuel sources such as gas, coal or propane, wood is leaps and bounds above them when it comes to being eco-friendly. The fact is that other fuel sources like the ones mentioned before add more carbon dioxide to the earth’s atmosphere that is not needed. By utilizing a wood stove, you are utilizing a natural fuel source that in turn helps out the planet.
- Economical Fuel Source – When compared to other fuel sources such as electricity or gas, wood is a great of fuel source. It costs much less than other fuel sources and can save you lots of money. When you add up savings over a long period of time, you would be surprised how much a wood stove can actually save you. Since a wood stove probably won’t heat your entire house, it will most likely supplement your main heating source. But this will still have a positive impact on your wallet.
- Not Dependent on Electricity – One of the additional benefits is the ability for a wood stove to work during a blackout. That should be enough of a reason for many people to consider a wood stove alone. It can act both as a heat and light source during a blackout.
- Multiuse – Many people do not realize how good a wood stove can be for cooking. A wood stove is not necessarily seen as having the same abilities of a traditional cooking stove but, indeed it does. In fact, it is this overlooked quality of a wood stove that can come in handy in numerous occasions.
Now that we have gone over much of the positive additions that come with having a wood stove, here are the top 6 best wood stoves available.
Our Wood Stove Reviews
Drolet High-Efficiency Wood Stove
A great wood stove for any home size is the Drolet High-Efficiency Wood Stove. Not only is it small and compact but it also offers all of the abilities of a larger wood stove.
- Large ash drawer
- Could be more efficient
- Loading wood can be a hassle
US Stove 2000 EPA Certified Wood Stove
Another great wood stove is the US Stove 2000 EPA Certified Wood Stove. Owners of this stove have no problem heating up large rooms.
- Heats up to 2,000 square feet
- Comes with a blower
- 1 inch log capacity
- Set up can be a bit confusing
- Burns through wood quickly
HiFlame EPA Approved Wood Burning Stove
The HiFlame EPA Approved Wood Burning Stove might is a great option due to it’s size. It also burns very clean for which we give it high marks.
- Non-catalytic wood burning stove
- Air washed door design
- High-tech firebox
- Due to its size, needs small pieces of wood to burn
Hi-Flame Pony EPA Approved Contemporary Wood Stove
The Hi-Flame Pony HF517U EPA Approved Contemporary Wood Stove comes in many different shapes and sizes. This ensures that you’re able to pick the best option for your home and heating needs.
- Heats up to 1,200 square feet
- Non-catalytic clean burning system
- Wood stove is on the smaller side
- Due to its size, this option doesn’t heat up larger rooms as well
Pleasant Hearth Wood Burning Stove
The Pleasant Hearth Wood Burning Stove is a multi-purpose wood stove with many abilities to please everyone. This is one of our top rated stoves due to its ability to heat such a large area.
- Heats up to 2,200 square feet
- Made in the USA
- Non-catalytic wood burning stove
- Small 6 inch stove pipe
- Since the firebox is a bit shallow it works best with small logs
Vogelzang Defender EPA Wood Stove
This wood stove is made of plate steel and is EPA certified in all states.
- Highly efficient
- Adjustable legs
- Heats rooms up to 1,200 square feet
- Not recommended for mobile homes