Champion 3800-Watt Dual Fuel Generator Review
Versatile and easy to use, the Champion 3800-Watt Dual Fuel generator is a great option. Many find this suitable for using both during power outages and for the RV or camper. It’s powerful and portable. Read more for our full Champion 3800-Watt Dual Fuel Generator review.
When the power goes out, most people get a little on edge. This is when a generator can come in very handy. And when a generator is dependable and works well, that really can ease the mind of homeowners. This is where the Champion 3800-Watt Dual Fuel generator really shines.
Customers found that the generator was a breeze to set up, and runs well whenever it is needed. There are times customers have had this running for 15 hours a day for multiple days without any issues. You’ll want to follow all maintenance instructions to ensure it keeps running at a high level. But if you do that, it’s possible you’ll have this generator for years to come.
Weighing in at 119 lbs, this generator isn’t super heavy. The wheels and retractable handle make this a great option for an RV or camper generator. Customers found this easy to move around.
The run time on the Champion 3800-Watt generator will vary depending on the fuel source. When running it on gasoline, it will run for about 9 hours on a ½ load. Propane will get you to about 10.5 hours on a half load.
The Running and Surge wattage for the generator will also differ by fuel source. See below to understand the capacity of the generator with gasoline compared to LP.
Additional Features of the Champion 3800-Watt Generator
- Dual Fuel - You’ll be able to use this generator with either gasoline or propane. We love that versatility!
- 3 Year Warranty - The 3 year warranty gives you peace of mind and it comes with free technical support. Combined, you’ll feel secure in your purchase of this generator.
- Electric Start - Get this generator going easily with a push button electric start.
- Great outlet options - The generator features one 120V 30A RV outlet (TT-30R), one 120V 30A locking outlet (L5-30R) and two 120V 20A household outlets (5-20R).
Customers Thoughts of the Champion 3800-Watt Dual Fuel Generator
Here are some of the more common comments on the reviews of this generator:
- Customers really love the high quality generator.
- Many had great experiences during long power outages making this an extremely dependable generator.
- Noise level seemed to be the only complaint. At 23 feet away, the generator will register at 68 dBA however some felt it was around the 80 dBA level closer up. For frame of reference, 80 dBA is equivalent to a diesel truck driving down the street or a garbage disposal.