When the power is out and you need to get up and running, the DuroMax XP12000EH generator is a great thing to have on hand. The “Beast” is meant to be either a great home standby generator or RV generator and will prove as such. Here is our DuroMax XP12000EH Dual Fuel Generator review for those looking for a duel fuel option that can power their house.
Weighing a sizeable 269 lbs, this generator is one of the heaviest and warrants the nickname “Beast”. While you may need the wattage to run you RV, the sheer weight of this generator make it hard to move from place to place. However, if you’re looking for something to use at home and on the road, this is a great option.
This is a “beast” of a generator for sure. Starting wattage is 12000 watt and runs at 9500 watts, which will provide ample coverage for most homes. As a result, this is a great generator for those living in an area with a lot of storms (hello, Floridians!).
As the name says, this generator will run on both gasoline from the tank and from a propane hook up. user manual will note that when using propane the running and surge wattage is lower. See below for the difference in surge and running wattage.
Additional Features of the DuroMax XP12000EH Generator
- Dual fuel - We love that you can use either propane or gasoline to run this generator. This versatility is a great advantage.
- Full power panel - The DuroMax generator includes breakers to ensure nothing gets overloaded. It also has everything you need to use this as a portable or home standby generator.
- 8.3 Gallon Tank - A larger than average gas tank will keep this generator running on gasoline longer.
- Electric start - Even your grandmother will be able to start this thing up!
Customers Thoughts of the XP12000EH Dual Fuel Generator
Here are some of the more common comments on the reviews of the DuroMax XP12000EH generator:
- This generator will definitely handle the load of many of your household needs.
- Customers have been most vocal about the limited warranty and the poor customer support from Max Tools.
- The wheels are one of the other sore spots with customers making this more difficult to move around.