Westinghouse WGen7500 Generator Review
If you need a lot of juice to cover you in the event of a power outage, the Westinghouse WGen7500 Generator is a great option. Here is our WGen7500 Generator review for those looking for a generator to use during storm seasons.
The WGen7500 generator comes in at 192 lbs. This is definitely more suitable for use at home and not on the road. It’s on the heavier side of the WGen series. But the additional feature and larger gas tank are big pluses.
With a 6.6 gallon tank, customers should expect about 16 hours of run time at 25% load.
As with any generator, keep in mind where you’ll be placing it on your property and who could be in the vicinity. If you want to remain good neighbors, you may want to consider many different locations. This will make sure you don’t create too much noise for those in close proximity to your home.
Portability and Ease of Use
Since generators aren’t used all the time, moving them from storage is common. Generators typically weigh quite a lot. Some weigh more than others and are therefore ideal for camping or “on the go” situations. If a generator is going to be used at home, it doesn’t need to be ultra portable, but not too heavy where moving it would be troublesome.
A heavier generator also can pose some storage issues. You likely won’t be able to store it anywhere but the ground. The weight will be difficult for shelves and it’ll be difficult to lift the generator up high enough for a high shelf. As a result, think of where you plan on storing the generator before purchasing.
The WGen7500 generator is on the heavier side tipping the scale at 192 lbs. There are definitely heavier options on the market. However, the weight of this generator means this is definitely a less portable generator and better suited to be used at one locale.
Additional Features of the WGen7500 Generator
- Electric Start - The one push electric start is sure to be a feature you'll love. The generator will start with the push of one button making it very easy to use.
- Remote Start Key Fob - You'll have this generator up and running easily with the key fob. It works up to 109 yards away. So you can turn this generator on and off from the comfort of your home.
- Transfer Switch Ready - Easily use this generator to run as a back up for your home.
- 3 Year Warranty - You'll feel pretty secure with your purchase with the 3 year warranty included.
- 4 GFCI Outlets - With four GFCI outlets you'll have ample room to plug in various items.
Customers Thoughts of the Westinghouse WGen7500 Generator
There are many great reviews of the WGen7500 generator and many recommend this generator after using it. Here are some of the highlights.
- Customers were able to get this generator up and running about 10-15 minutes after opening the box.
- The electric start is a great option, especially for those who aren't as strong or have limitations with manual starting generators.
- It's a heavy generator, so if you're transporting it you'll want some equipment to help out.
- Many found it's quieter than older generators, which they liked.
Check out our top RV and Camping Generators